Even with the latest and the best-reviewed laptop or desktop computer, it is inevitable that your device will run its course and act slow. Yes, sometimes, being used for a long while can have this effect on technology. The good news is that you can make your device act like new again. And with Apple’s Mac, there are proven ways to achieve this. How do I speed up my Mac and make it work just like it used to? Just read on to find the answers to this question.
Cleaning and Speeding Up Your Mac
Why does your Mac act all sluggish and slow? While the solutions for this are definitely more important than the reasons, it is great if you know why your Mac is acting like an old person. Having this knowledge will help you maintain and care for your Mac in the best way so it can work in its maximum performance for longer.
And here are some of the reasons why this happens to computers.
- There is not enough memory on your device.
- Your OS is outdated.
- Too many apps are running.
Whether you’ve used up your Mac’s memory or you’ve got too many applications running, there are effective ways to fix the problem and make your device act like new again.
How to clean up Mac and make it run better? Here are some proven effective ways.
- Keep your operating software update.
- Clean up the cookies, caches and browsing history from your browser.
- Get rid of all the junk files, such as system, app and internet junk on your Mac.
- Clean up your desktop.
- Empty your recycle bin and trash.
- Always close unused apps (they can keep running in the background).
- Close widgets that are not used.
- Add RAM or upgrade your device’s hardware.
- Add an SSD or solid state drive, which uses RAM chips thus making it run faster, to your Mac.
- Restart your Mac.
how to free up storage
If you are having trouble with the way your Mac is running, just learn how to free up storage space on your Mac and use the tips above.